GTM ENTERPRISE - Mitchellville, MD 2008-Present
Business / Technology Consultancy
Project Consultant / Executive
Provide IT infrastructure management consulting for numerous projects across diverse client base.
- Provided key project support in evaluation, design, and development of Cloud IT infrastructure solutions for public government-sponsored organization specializing in expanding secondary market for mortgages (Freddie Mac, 2012)
- Served as Platform Architect responsible for conducting strategic project & program management and enterprise infrastructure planning expertise for premier provider of world-class technology (Qinetiq-NA, 2011-2012)
- Spearheaded technical program requirements to ensure rapid adoption of new scalable infrastructure to provide end-to-end IT services to West Africa governments and private agencies. (Nuage Africa Project, 2010-Present)
- Secured MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) and future project funding by creating business proposal and marketing campaign to promote firm's capabilities in implementing eGovernment and commercial IT solutions. (Nuage Africa Project, 2010-Present)
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY - Washington, DC / Arlington, VA 2008 - 2011
US Government Agency providing security and emergency response services.
Project Manager (2008 - 2011) / IT Storage Consultant (2008)
Served as Project Manager for US Citizen and Immigration Services division and as Consultant providing IT storage services for Customs and Border Patrol organization. Turned around stalled Oracle GRID Control implementation project and support for Oracle DBA project. Developed and maintained project schedules to achieve database program deliverables. Documented requirements for centralized team providing storage solutions.
- Launched Microsoft project center environment that included designing and rolling out training materials required in support of US Citizen & Immigration Services (CIS) Data Center Migration project.
- Successfully implemented strategically important Oracle GRID Control project consistent with CIS implementation of ITLM process.
- Established standard approach for requesting changes to data storage environment, ensuring best solution was delivered to meet customer requirements for capacity, data protection, and technical augmentation.
- Introduced roadmap / concept of tiered services to provide correct storage solution as uniform service for CBP mainframe and open system environments.
EMC CORPORATION - Mclean, VA 2003 - 2008
Multinational Corporation that offers data storage, information security, virtualization, and cloud computing solutions.
Program / Project Manager
Managed delivery of 25-30 billable consulting service engagements annually, representing up to $10 million in hardware and within $1.5-$3 million in professional services. Oversaw project lifecycle covering architectural design, development, migration, data center consolidation and implementation for numerous government organizations. Directed team of Project Managers. Ensured implementations met or exceeded customer expectations for storage back-end and OLTP application performance.
- Met Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements by designing and deploying disaster and recovery (D/R) procedures for mainframe and open systems environments.
- Generated significant cost savings by aligning best practices with overall systems design to streamline and enhance technical IT environment.
- Increased staff productivity and foundation for future improvements by designing and rolling out reliable IT infrastructure solutions to improve operations. ◾Prevented customer escalation issues by serving as primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders and addressing control process changes.
- Minimized project disruptions and boosted sales for new storage capabilities, upgrades, and technology refreshes by deploying disaster recovery environment between Fed Dallas and NY locations.
- Leveraged internal support infrastructure with vendors and key relationships to deliver major project to migrate DR environment from Lockheed Martin Data center in Reston, VA to ADP data center in WV.
LOCKHEED MARTIN - Lanham, MD 1997 - 2003
Global security and aerospace company.
Manager, Hardware Planning & Implementation
Managed hardware planning requirements for HUD contract valued in excess of $90 million annually. Accountable for entire enterprise-wide technology refresh roadmap covering mainframe and open systems hardware design, planning, procurement, and installation. Developed detailed project plans to support corporate goals. Managed 10-12 internal and vendor resources. Oversaw review of hardware design changes, ensuring quality of future expansions.
- Streamlined data management operations by designing, deploying, and expanding storage area network (SAN) comprised of 20 terabytes, 250 ports, backups, and virtual capabilities.
- Managed migration of mainframe infrastructure resources for virtualized open resource environment.
- Reduced physical tapes by over 10 to 1 ratio by developing business case / study for project to consolidate and virtualize mainframe tape library.
NEW YORK TIMES SHARED SERVICES CENTER - Norfolk, VA 1996 - 1997
Leading global, Multimedia News and Information Company.
Director, Information Technology
Led all application development, infrastructure, and outsourcing of vendors; hired and led team of 15.
GE INFORMATION SERVICES - Rockville, MD 1979 - 1996
Leading online services company.
Manager, Network Systems Integration (1990 - 1996) / Consultant, Client Custom Engineering (1986 - 1990)
Lead Engineer / Manager, Software Quality Engineer (1984 - 1986) / Quality Assurance Specialist (1979 - 1984)
Promoted to oversee network systems integration project efforts. Accountable for strategic direction, software control requirements, problem resolution, and product quality & performance. Factored commercial issues into test plans. Evaluated potential impact of software introductions. Directed $12+ million in cost saving IT initiatives. Integrated four network technologies across single common backbone. Monitored network resources. Provided roadmap for migration to new technologies. Reduced ramp-up costs related to new technologies.
- $11 million saved annually by devising and executing business case to design and launch solution that combined capabilities across single proprietary network to deliver timesharing / data network services.
- Improved cost savings and testing productivity by leveraging interns and tools to deliver "ANTS" an automated system to test and enhance network software capabilities.
- Presented with "Telecommunication Management" and "Partners in Performance" Awards in view of providing high-level of network service expertise for diverse base of Fortune 500 companies.